Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DREAM JOB

It is officially Tuesday but I have not gone to bed yet so I still have 38 more sleeps until my BIG BIRTHDAY!
Monday is always a SUPER BUSY and CRAZY day for me.  I am not very good at going to bed early on Sunday so that I am bright, alert and ready for Monday Morning. I know that every Monday, unless a holiday, I have to be to work at 6:30 am which means I must leave my house no later than 6 am to get to work on time.  Because I go in earlier on Monday's I am suppose to get to leave earlier, 3:30 pm, but that hardly ever happens. For instance today I did not leave the office until 6:30 pm and got home around 7 pm.  So needless to say Monday's are a pretty long day for me but you know what I don't mind because I really like my job.  There was a time in my life, about 10 years ago, when I HATED my job and the thought of going to work each day made me sick. It showed in my work, working skills and work environment suffered because of it.  So I had to make a big decision!  I could either find a job that I liked or suck it up and find a way to enjoy the job that I have.  For the first time in a long time I started interviewing for other jobs and found that what I had was pretty good.  So I had an attitude change and tired to find a way to make things better.  Things did get better and I found that as my attitude changed so did my work and it was all for the better.  While the job that I have is not the job I dreamed of having but in a way it is pretty close. 
When I was a little girl I wanted to be many things, a Nurse, a Super Model, Miss America, a Movie Star, a Singer, a Lawyer, a Fashion Magazine Editor, a Sports Broadcaster,  and a Mother. After eliminating many of those "future" job choices the one that always stayed on my list was Mother. Well for those of you that don't know me I am not married and my chances of being a mother get slimmer and slimmer each year but I still hope one day to be able to be have that job. But until that job opens I work as an Admin Assistant (Secretary for those "old school" folks).  Not the Mad Men version of a Admin. Assistant but you could say I am kind of the Joan of the office minus the whole dress attire, cigarette and sleeping with my boss thing. 
There are many things that I have to do all day and most of them require taking care of other people. I often have to ensure that their needs and wants are met before mine, they are happy and that they have everything that they need. I guess in some odd way you could say I am a mother.  Not the one that I hoped and dreamed to be but it is a start for now.  LOL
So I guess what I am trying to say is that I have learned is in life you may not get the chance to have your "dream" job but it is up to you to make the job you do have a worthwhile and successful one. 



1 comments:

Jason & Catherine Beveridge said...

Love it!! No doubt you are one amazing "mom" at work, at church, and in your family. You have so many great lessons to teach and people listen because you live them.