Well I am not one who posts a lot about my religion and I guess I should be a little better about that. I am sure those that read this blog, if there are people that even read this blog, think that all I do in my life is buy OPI polish, shop, and look at fashion magazines. But to be honest there is a little more to me than that. LOL
Anyway this last weekend I had the chance to watch conference on TV and boy was it something I needed to hear. I have kind of been in a funk the past couple of months and have had some life changes take place in my life that have made me question my purpose on earth. After listening to conference and getting a little wake up call I was reminded of my my favorite four letter word............HOPE!!!!
Throughout my life when things have been hard, seemed not so fair, or even when I just questioned my purpose for being here I always have relied on HOPE to get me through those time and help me move forward.
I know that I don't have all the answers and my life is not exactly like I thought it would be. There are some things that I thought I would have by now in my life but I don't have them and you know what that is OK. I have a great life and what I have learned, easy or hard, throughout my life so far has made me appreciate all that I have. I KNOW that I am VERY BLESSED and LUCKY to have what I have in my life. I count my blessing EVERYDAY and am SOOOOO THANKFUL for EVERYTHING that I have been given. Every night before I go to bed I am thankful for the day that I have had, even it if was not the best day, and I when I wake up in the morning I am excited because I have HOPE that this new day will be better than the last and I have been given the chance to make it better.
I was so IMPRESSED and MOVED by President Monson's talk from the Sunday morning session. Ever since his talk I have woken up each morning thinking to myself "What Am I Going To Do Today For Someone?" and at the end of the night before I go to bed I ask myself "What Have I Done For Someone Today?" This is going to be my on going goal. If there is one thing that I have learned in life it is that nothing feels better than being able to give. So if I can continue to give and help someone in some small way then I know that will be the best thing I do in my life. In the end maybe I will be able to give a little of my favorite four letter word to someone else.
I still have HOPE that one day I will find that "special" someone who wants to spend the rest of their life with me and I still have HOPE that one day I can be a mother, if not to my own child/ children then maybe to one that needs a mother figure like me in their life.
Yet the best thing is I have HOPE that if these two things that I have always dreamed of having in my life don't happen then my life is going to be just fine and meaningful because I am going to make it that way. I know that there is a plan for me. I have HOPE that if continue to follow the great gospel plan that I have been taught to follow then everything will be as it should in my life. But most of all I have HOPE and FAITH that no matter where I go in my life and or what happens to me as I go through life that as long as I stay on the right path and hold on tight to the iron rod that in the end it will be worth it and so much more than I could ever dream of.
So when I wake up in the morning I have HOPE that it is going to be a wonderful day and that I am going to have the chance to make it that way. When I go to bed at night I HOPE that I have done something for someone that day to give them HOPE that next day will be a WONDERFUL day!
2 comments:
Ok, you are just so awesome! You have the best attitude and your positivie energy is contagious. Thanks for a great post. You have done your good deed for the day - you made my day better!
xoxoxo
You are an incredible woman and friend...and I LOVED reading your post. It lifted my spirits today, and made my day and attitude a whole lot better! Thank you...
Love,
Cass
Post a Comment