Well it has been awhile since I have been on here. Things at work have been so crazy and busy. 2009 started off with some changes at the office and now I support 2 Sr. Directors of Operations. It is good and fine but just busy. Plus with all the Peanuts / Peanut Butter stuff going on I have to deal with a lot of recall products and that is keeping me really busy. So while I have had time to do some of the things I enjoy I also have been REALLY REALLY busy with work. I can not complain about that because I LOVE my job and I LOVE working. I know it must sound crazy and while I am what some might say "just an administrative assistant" I still love what I do. In this day and time you can't be too picky when it comes to having a job you are just lucky and blessed to have one. I am just extra lucky and blessed because I like the one I have.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
The REAL Phelps Hero
Anyway I LOVE the month of February for some many reasons. You have the Super Bowl, Australian Open, NFL Pro Bowl, NBA All Star Game, Valentine's Day, NYC Fashion Week and of course the OSCARS!!! So it is a wonder that February is one of my favorite months.
So I was going to get on here today and blog about all that but I started watching a show on HBO tonight called "Taking Chance" and all of the above just seemed pointless. This is an AMAZING show and I wish it was not on HBO but on TV for everyone to see. It is about a Marine that volunteer's to escort a Marine home that was killed in Iraq. He has never meet this Marine but because this Marine was from his home town he volunteers to be his escort. The whole movie is moving and touching. You never see the Marine that died and / or how he died because the movie is not about that. You do see the love, respect, care, dedication, and honor that everyone takes into taking care of this Marine and his escorted journey home.
I was so moved and touched by this film. Kevin Bacon does an amazing job in this movie and it is so well made. I cried through out the whole movie, which those of you that know me know it doesn't take much to make me cry in movies. Anyway this movie is based on a true events and is about a real Marine named Chance Phelps. I could not help but notice that he has the same last name of the swimming star Michael Phelps but after watching this movie Chance Phelps to me is the real hero and I wish more of an honor would be given to him and other like him. All I can say it THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!! to all those that are serving our country, protecting our freedom, and putting their lives in danger to protect me and others. GOD BLESS them and their families. They are the REAL heros in the world.
Posted by Heather at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment