I LOVE to give gifts. I love trying to find that special present for someone, that great card that fits them perfectly, fun wrapping paper and ribbons to wrap the present(s) with. I think I more excited to give the gift than the person who is getting the gift will be. While I enjoy the whole gift giving process I am not so good at the receiving gifts things. While I do know it is better to give than receive and that is something I try to do everyday. I try to give a little more than what I get or receive. But I have learned that sometimes it is ok to be on the receiving end of the gift giving processes. While I am sometimes embarrassed and feel bad that people would spend money on me I have to remember that by not accepting their gift I am denying them the same wonderful feeling that I get when I give.
I have also learned that you don't have to spend a lot in order for it to mean a lot to someone. While I do love to give gifts I do have to limit myself on the amount of money that I spend, now you know why I don't have credit cards. I have always hated that fact that I can not give and / or do for others what I would love to do because of my limited budget. My friends often laugh and tell me the reason I probably would not win a big lottery is because I would give all the money away. LOL
But as I have gotten "older" I have learned that you don't have to spend a lot of money in order to give a gift. Sometimes a gift to someone could be a "Hello", phone call, e-mail. giving of your time to help someone can mean more to a person than just giving them a gift wrapped in pretty paper with a bow. I often think of Christ and the MANY MANY gifts that he gave and has given to all of use. He did not buy them at the local mall or market or spend hours wrapping them but they are gifts that are precious and loving. I think if what you give to someone comes from your heart and is given with love than it is a gift. The most amazing gifts are not always bought in stores or wrapped up with pretty bows but come from your heart and that is what makes them priceless. So remember it is better to give than receive but it is also ok to receive just as long as you are willing to give back to someone, someday and sometime.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
GIFT GIVING
Posted by Heather at 11:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thank you for gifting us with your time and love earlier this month. I know how busy you are, and it meant a lot!
Post a Comment