Sunday, February 21, 2010

LOTS of LOVE and SMILES

A little of this......
equals.....
and

A WHOLE LOT of LOVE and SMILES!!!

Valentine's Day to me is:
4 cups of Margarine
8 cups of Sugar
4 cups of Sour Cream
8 eggs
4 teaspoons of Vanilla
2 teaspoons of Almond
2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
16 teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
24 cups of Flour
Rolling out 20 dozen cookies
160 minutes of baking
4 cans of Vanilla frosting
Red Food Coloring
6 bags of gummy hearts
Seeing the smiles on peoples faces..............PRICELESS!!!

Yes it was that time of year again for me to do my annual Valentine's Day Sugar Cookie Baking!
It is one of the things that I most look forward to doing all year! If I can I even try to take a couple days off from work. Thank goodness this year Valentine's Day was on Sunday so I had the weekend to bake away!
I LOVE Valentine's Day and some might think it is kind of strange that I do but I do! Maybe it is because red is my favorite color or the fact that it involves flowers, candy, and possibly jewelry!
But most of all I LOVE the fact that I get to share love on this special day, though it is something that I try to do everyday, in an extra special way! So I hope those that receive that cookies know that they are made with LOTS of LOVE and SMILES!!!

0 comments: