I just found out over the weekend that a very special lady I know passed away. Needless to say my heart broke to hear this sad news but I rejoiced in the fact that I had the chance to meet this amazing lady and share some fun times with her. She was funny, outgoing, loving, and so giving. She is also the only person, who with four other fabulous ladies, has gotten me to camp out overnight in a tent in a long time (for those of you that don't believe me I have the pictures to prove it). Recently I lost another good friend who was just as fun, loving, outgoing, and giving as the other friend and she too was part of my last camping adventure. I also got to thinking that this month will mark ten years since my very dear special friend Cody passed away. I can not believe that it has been that long and maybe because there is not a day that doesn't go by that I don't think of him and am thankful for the blessings, joy, and love he brought into my life. He made me want to become a better person and he is one of the reasons I am who I am today, I only hope you will think that is a good thing.
Monday, August 10, 2009
COURAGE
Now I am not trying to make you sad but all of this just made me reflect back and think about these two amazing ladies and this special man and it reminded me just how short life is. I have never been one to take things for granted. I go to bed EVERY night THANKFUL for all that I have been given and all that I have in my life. While my life is not full of what some might call "worldly riches" it is full of many "FABULOUS RICHES" and I would not trade those for anything. But there are probably a few things that I do take for granted and one thing that comes to mind is my talents. Call it insecurities, fear or both but I often don't share what I think are my talents.
So in this blog I am going to share something that I hardly share with people, my voice. Now for those of you that know me you are probably thinking wait just minute she shares her voice all too much and sometimes we can't get her to shut up. BUT that is not the voice I am referring to. I am referring to my vocal voice. I have taken voice lessons and have had some amazing teachers. Teachers who have stuck with me and have help teach me to open up what was lost or hidden down inside those vocal cords. Now I have never done anything with my voice but just sing in the car, my room, shower, and sometimes in church. I have never tried out for anything due to my insecurities and the fear of rejection that I have but today is a new day and I am sharing. Now please know that I know this is not perfect but I also know that if I did not do this today I would NEVER do it. If you listen please feel free to pass judgement but maybe try to be a little like Paula and less like Simon when you do.
So Nae, Donna, and Cody this if for you. You help remind me how special life is, to be blessed and thankful for all that you have been give, and most of all to not take anything for granted.
Thank you for blessing my life and for allowing me the pleasure and opportunity to know and love you. You are missed but I will NEVER forget you.
LOTS of LOVE and SMILES ALWAYS!
Posted by Heather at 6:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Heather, your voice is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it. I know Nae and Donna are smiling down on you!!!
Heather, Thank you so much I will pass this on the the rest of my family to read and enjoy your beautiful voice. Thank you for remembering Cody, he has helped me become a better person also. You are a gift to him and it sounds like others just before their passing. Thank you Heather.
Beautiful Heather. I know Nae and Donna loved you. They are two very special ladies.
Heather, you are such a wonderful person. I know Nae and Donna were proud to call you PHriend! What Beautiful words you wrote and sang here, Keep it up!!
~Jamie
Absolutely beautiful (and it's about time the rest of the world had the chance to see one of your many amazing "hidden" talents, I might add!) (: Your amazing!
Love,
Cass
Heather, your voice is beautiful!!! I don't think I've ever heard you sing. What a treat! Thanks for being willing to share. xoxoxox
Wow! So lovely...I, too had no idea! Thank you for sharing and keep it up:)
Post a Comment