
Every year for the past six years I have gone home to Idaho in July to visit my family. As a Christmas present to us kids my mother rents a cabin and all of us kids come home and spend a week at the cabin on the water and have a WONDERFUL time. My mother calls it our "Christmas in July". There are no phones (cell phone reception has gotten better over the years so those kind of work but because I don't have a cell phone that is not an option for me) and no T.V. (there is a T.V. at the cabin but you can only watch movies and no regular weekly shows). It is a fun place to go and I call it my NO SHOES, NO SHIRT, NO PROBLEMS week because I pretty much live in shorts and my swimsuits the whole week. I pretty much spend my days with my family down at the lake. My mother has boat with all the fun toys but I just like to sit in the boat and hold the flag. I am not a skier, wake boarder, or tube kind of girl so sitting in the boat getting a tan and taking pictures is just fine for me. I get a really good tan and if I am not careful the first couple of days I get really red. I find it kind of funny that I live in California but yet the best tan I get all year is in Idaho.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Whitewater or Heather Rafting?
Through out the years my family has grown and it has become fun to watch as my nieces and nephews get bigger and grow to enjoy this family time as much as I do. It is nice to get the chance to spend with my family and while we do have some differences we always have a good time playing, swimming, laughing, tanning, and just enjoying our time together.
This year my sister planned a river rafting trip for those that wanted to go. Needless to say I did not sign up for this because whitewater rafting is just not for me. When it comes to being in a raft in water I require 3 things; calm, glass like water, and chlorine. LOL! OK so the water at the cabin doesn't have chlorine in it but it is calm and on some days is like glass. I also don't want to wear a helmet and / or life jacket when I am on my raft because that could so mess up my tanning situation. I don't want a life jacket / helmet strap tan line. LOL
So while my family is enjoying the adventures and fun of whitewater rafting I will be enjoying the calm and relaxing "Heather" rafting style. Oh and just a little FYI my raft doesn't require paddles to move around the lake because it is motorized and I don't have to worry about spilling my drink because it also has a cup holder. Now tell me what style of rafting would you like to do....Whitewater or Heather Rafting?
My family may be a little disappointed in me because I won't join them on the rafting trip but don't worry I more than make up for it by bringing my People, USWeekly, InStyle, Oprah and other magazines up to the cabin. LOL
Posted by Heather at 10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Haha!!! That is AWESOME! Love it! Now "Heather Rafting" is definitely my kind of rafting, especially these days! (:
-Cass
Post a Comment