Saturday, September 27, 2008

Maroon 5






Last Wednesday (9/17/08) I had the chance to see one of my favorite bands play.......Maroon 5. My cousins wife, Cassidy, and I ventured to Shoreline to watch them open for the Counting Crows.  In my opinion it should have been the other way around and the Counting Crows should have opened for Maroon 5.  I have never seen Maroon 5 perform live and I was really looking forward to it.  Plus the fact that the concert was at Shoreline and it was a beautiful Bay Area night just made it that much better.  So we staked out our spot and put our blankets down and waited for the show to start.  We have the chance to sit in this great section they have roped off on the lawn area that is called the "family zone" and people are not allowed to smoke or drink that this section so we thought that would be the best place for us.  

After the opening opening act came on there was a little break and I patiently waited for Maroon 5 to come on stage.  For those of you that know me waiting patiently is not an easy task for me!  LOL  But let me just say the wait was WORTH IT!!!!  Maroon 5 was AMAZING.  You know how sometimes you see a band on tv and hear their songs on the radio but you are never sure how they are going to sound live?  Well let me just say there are no worries here.  This band was FABULOUS live!  They had a great light show that went well with all their songs.  They all sounded great, were in tune , and just played well together. The lead singer ,Adam Levine, sounded so good live and he has an amazing voice.  You might think his voice is good on their cds but it is PHENOMENAL live.  He has such a good clear sound and his range is amazing.  He sang all their big songs and he even added a little extra to them that made them sound even better, if that could be possible.  I was in awe of their performance and their talent.  I am always amazed at the talent people have, especially singers, because I wish that was one thing I had the guts to do.  But I am thankful for people and bands like Maroon 5 that put their talent out there on the line and share it with the rest of us, I am sure that paycheck helps keep them going but I do appreciate them performing.
The lead singer is very HOT but in a dirty boy kind of way, you gotta love those. LOL  He is short and skinny but I don't mind that.  You could probably fit two of him in front of me and still see more of me but I did not care about tha! He made the show just that much more enjoyable to watch!  He was great with the crowd and I did not want them to stop playing.  I am definatly going to go see them again when they come back this way to the Bay Area and highly recommend to others to see this band.
I hope you enjoy some pictures from the show.  We had lawn seat so the pictures are not that great but it was still a FUN and FABULOUS night.
Thanks to my partner in crime, Cassidy, for going with me.  Normally I go to concerts alone, or at the last few I have, so it was SO FUN to go with someone and to share this GREAT & FUN musical night with a fellow Maroon 5 Fan!
Best Wishes and Smiles from the Bay!

3 comments:

Chatty Natty said...

You go girls! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

MissyH said...

Awesome! That sounds like fun! I want to see them now. I love Maroon 5 and The Counting Crows!

Cassidy Clark said...

Good times...good times... (=
Wait - Adam COME BACK!!!!! hahaha