Thursday, September 27, 2012

MUSIC IS MAGICAL

I messed up yesterday and did not update my blog.  I got home from work and it was like 8:30pm at night and I was super tired so I am sorry that I did not write. But because I messed up yesterday I am going to try and make up for it today by writing out 2 lessons learned.

Growing up as a child we listened to a lot of music. I remember my mother and father having a big record collection and even 8 track tapes.  Their music collection was very large and they enjoyed a variety of artists.  I was educated at a young age on the different music genres and styles. As I have grown my taste for music has not changed it has only grown. 

I LOVED to sing as a child and at one point in my life I actually thought that I sang better than Whitney Houston.  I don't know where the confidence I had as a young pre-teen child went because now days I hardly sing unless it is in my car.  Yet Regardless of what I am listening or singing to it always brings joy to my heart.  
Sure there are those songs that make you cry, songs you listen to when you want to cry, dance, sing, scream and / or just get relax. There are songs that you hear that either help you create a memory or help you recall a memory. It is magical how much power one can find and / or get from a song. I love when I hear a song or put on a song to listen to how it can transform me back to a time, place and event. It is almost as if my music collection could be a journal of my life.  

So I have learned that music is magical and that as long as the music plays the memories and magic will live on.


0 comments: