Thursday, September 27, 2012

IT'S HARD TO SAY GOOD BYE

Growing up we moved around a lot.  I have lived in 5 different states and 12 different cities so far in my life. As a child it was hard for me to move and say good bye to friends and teachers.  At one time it got to a point that each time we moved I told myself I was not going to make any friends because then I would not have to worry about saying good bye to them.  Well that never worked and I did have to say good bye to some great and amazing people. I did not have Facebook, e-mails and IM to be able to keep in touch with those friends.  Sure I have tired to find and reconnect with some of those old friends but it is hard to do.
Now that I am older I find that it is even harder to say good bye to those people you meet and form a bond with. Since moving to California I have had the chance to meet and work with some AMAZING and WONDERFUL people that have changes my life for the better. Many of those people that I have met and / or worked with have moved one. Watching them leave was hard and I have done my best to stay in contact with some them but it is just not the same.   Sure it is hard to say good bye to people but I have learned that you have to treasure the moments you have with people. Take time to rejoice in the fact that you have had the chance to meet such wonderful people and to always be thankful for the friends that have enriched and blessed your life.  Yes it is hard to say good bye but it is even harder to go through life not having anything and / or anyone to say good bye to.  

0 comments: