Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Good To Have Control

So one of the great things about being single is you are the sole controller of the remote controls in your house and that can be a FABULOUS thing!

For instance last night I had to decide if I wanted to watch the Red Carpet show for the Emmys / Emmys or do I watch the Yankees game, the last game being played at Yankee Stadium?  I am sure some of you are thinking well the answer to that question is just DVR one and watch the other but you forget this is Heather you are talking about and my DVR was already set to record some shows so that option was already out of the question.  LOL!  What is a girl to do?  OH YEAH there is nothing for me to do because I have control over the remote in my house so I can switch back and forth as may times as I like without anyone being annoyed or saying to me"just pick a station:!  So while the Emmy Red Carpet award show was getting a little boring I would switch over to see what the score in the Yankees game.  While the game was getting boring I would switch over to see who was wearing what and what dumb question they were being asked by the interviewers or who was winning the next Emmy Award.  At the end of the night I got to see the Yankees win their last home game of the season in "The House That Babe Built", take a final lap around Yankee Stadium, see the Emmy winners for Best Actor and Actor in a Comedy & Drama, and see one of my favorite TV shows win the Emmy award for Best TV Drama (Mad Men)!  Yes it is good to have control!  
Best Wishes and Smiles from the Bay!

2 comments:

MissyH said...

I'm thinking about going solo for awhile. I'm sick of men...

Cassidy Clark said...

You're awesome!